Twice a year we attend the SEN Design Group’s educational and informative conferences. The SEN Design Group is the nation’s first and largest kitchen and bath buying group. One of the key pillars of SEN is industry education, and the bi-annual conferences are one of the ways that SEN delivers top notch kitchen and bath design educational resources.
These conferences are a highlight of our annual schedule. It is the perfect opportunity to gain insights into the latest business practices, design techniques, and products from our vendors. They also offer a rare opportunity to meet industry colleagues, and to share experiences and insights. We leave these conferences on top of our game, ready to better serve our customers and deliver the best design projects possible. It’s an intense four days of new products, workshops, and networking with colleagues, making it difficult to pinpoint the highlights.
While it is difficult to pick, here are the top 10 things we saw at the SEN Spring 2017 conference.
1. Showroom trends are changing, and we heard all about it from Elliot Sefran, the founding editor of the KBDN (Kitchen & Bath Design News).
2. Jodi Tramontin from Medallion Cabinetry provided plenty of information on how to get the most out of social media and we had an informative talk by communications expert Lynn Jensen-Nelson.
3. Product education is a very important part of the SEN experience. Mark Haaland from Emser tile offered insights on the use of setting materials and Tori Ross presented Silestone’s new Eternal Series of quartz tops.
4. The amazing products from the Galley Workstation really caught our eyes. This display shows how their dresser, tap, and workstation are combined to create the perfect kitchen design to prepare food, cook, and entertain.
5. We welcomed back The Stock Market to the SEN Design Group and Robb Best of Elkay Cabinet Group offered his industry insights in an informative session.
6. Organization is key, and closet organization is no exception! This amazing new closet product from Elfa is sure to bring order to your wardrobe.
7. There were plenty of beautiful materials to see at this year’s conference, like the wood countertops from Craftart, a new tile display from Emser Tile, and new geometric tile from Daltile.
8. Artisan Manufacturing showed us this awesome new sink big enough to handle the needs of any household and stylish enough to complement any design.
9. The elegant simplicity of this shaker style vanity cabinet from Hardware Resources really impressed us.
10. Finally, we found out that Toto toilets take 14 hours to get through the oven. Now, that is dedication to delivering a high-quality product for any bathroom design!
As always, the SEN Design Group spring conference has given us food for thought in our business practices and inspiration for our kitchen and bath design endeavors. We look forward to bringing these best practices and new products to our customers this year. Contact us to find out more!